Add PaperCut (cedar) printers for Mac OS
Posted by , Last modified by on 04 September 2015 11:21 AM
1) Make sure to install the appropriate drivers for the printer you want to print to.
2) Go to "System Preferences"->"Printers and Scanners"
3) Click on the "+" in the bottom left hand corner of the "Printers and Scanners" window
4) Double click or right click on the toolbar at the top of the windows next to the "Windows" icon.
From the drop down menu click on "Customize Toolbar..."
Drag the "Advanced" cog icon to the toolbar and then click on the "Done" button.
5) Click on the "Advanced" cog icon in the toolbar.
6) Click on the "Type" drop down button and select "Windows printer via spoolss"
7) In the "URL" textbox enter "smb://184.108.40.206/%Printername%"
220.127.116.11 - is the PaperCut server IP address
%Printername% - is the exact printer name for that printer on the papercut server.
Check the RCCPrinters google sheet if your not sure of the printer name.
8) (optional) Change the "Name" of the printer to the room location of the printer and the model of the printer.
9) (optional) Change the "Location" of the printer to the room location of the printer.
10) in the "Use" drop down menu, choose "Select Software..." then choose the printer drivers for that printer you plan on using and click the "Okay" button. (should be downloaded from the printer manufacturer's website)
11) Now click the "Add" button
12) Click the "OK" button.
13) Print out a test document. You will be asked to login. Use your FCAD credentials and the print job will be sent to the printer server under FCAD credentials.
14) Now the print job is waiting release. you can log into the printer from the printer and release the print job manually (login -> touch "release print jobs") or you can go to "print.fcad.ryerson.ca" and login with your FCAD credentials and then click on the "Jobs Pending Release" tab in the left hand column.
Your printer job should show up there.
Just click on "print" or "Release All" and your print job will be released.