How to add the New RTA Kyocera Printer (w driver)
Posted by Reza Fouladgar, Last modified by on 02 July 2014 01:10 PM
On Windows :
1) Click on the windows Logo in the far bottom left corner of the screen
2) In the search field type "\\fcadprinters" and press enter and it will open a new window with all the available printers.
3) In the new window look for "RTA-Kyocera-Copier" and double click that icon.
This will install the printer drivers for that printer for you.
On MAC OSX:
1) You will need to install the drivers first. The driver is attached to this article. ( It also can be found under \\fir.fcad.ryerson.ca\RTA\RTA-New Keyocera-Printer)
Run the file and it will install the keyocera driver. Then go to System Preferences.
2) System Preferences -> Printers and Scanners -> + (add new printer) -> IP (In the top menu. Fill in the info described below)
Address : 220.127.116.11 (formerly: 18.104.22.168)
Protocol : (choose) Line Printer Daemon-LPD
Queue : Leave Blank
Name : RTA-Keyocera ( You can give it any name)
Location : RTA
Click on "Use"-> choose "select software" -> Look for " Kyocera Taskalfa 3500i (KPDL)" -> Highlight it and click ok.
3) Click the "Add" button
When the "Setting up 'RTA-Kyocera...' window pops up, just leave all of the default settings and click on the "OK" button
That will install and add the printer drivers for you.